What are Varicose Veins?
The improper functioning of small valves in the veins leads to the appearance of varicose veins. In a healthy person, there are some small valves that open and close for proper blood flow to the heart in a single direction. But when these valves fail to work properly, blood starts flowing backward, making the veins appear enlarged and swollen.
Factors Leading to Varicose Veins:
Some of the reasons because of which varicose veins occur are enumerated below:
- A person’s age.
- Standing or sitting for longer hours.
Home Remedies for Treating Varicose Veins:
Some of the easiest and best remedies that you can try at home for getting rid of the varicose veins are as follows:
1. Seeds of Tomatoes:
Blood flow is enhanced by the tomato seeds. It has numerous other benefits such as the prevention of blood clots, an anticoagulant, and the characteristics of aspirin. The lycopene in tomatoes works by getting concentrated in the cell membrane to prevent damage to lipids present in the cells.
Besides these, you can apply it on the skin topically for reducing the varicose vein appearance by enhancing the skin thickness. There is an increase in the membrane’s strength and fluidity which increases nutrient absorption and decreasing toxins from entering inside.
- Chop two tomatoes without losing their seeds. Blend them for some seconds to get a smooth puree. Apply this on the affected areas for 3 or 4 times a day. Continue this for two months for noticing the changes.
2. Increase Blood Circulation Through Olive oil
Olive oil is a wonderful thing that has numerous advantages such as toning, soothing, and anti-inflammatory characteristics. It gets absorbed in the skin for activating the flow of blood by dilating the veins. Besides this, it has a high amount of minerals, vitamin E, and fatty acids. There is an enhancement of blood passage through veins because of the omega-3 fatty acid in it. Thus there is the restoration of the unidirectional valve’s functionality, resulting in reducing the varicose veins.
- Take some olive oil and warm it in a bowl for activating it. After this massage on the affected area using a cotton pad for some minutes. Do this at least two times a month.
3. A Mixture of Garlic, Lemon, & Olive oil
Garlic is known for enhancing various conditions of the heart and circulatory system. It improves the circulation of blood as it has sulfurous compounds like allicin and ajoene, which play a major role in preventing blood clots. Also, garlic has a flavinoid named quercetin that strengthens veins and blood vessels because of which any kind of damage is prevented.
Now, coming to lemons. They have a good amount of vitamin C, B6, A, E, folate, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, protein, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid. Vitamin C helps in protecting the cell from oxidative damage and damage due to free radicals. According to the American Society of Clinical Nutrition, it is known to resolve varicose veins, high blood pressure issues as well as wrinkles in the skin.
- Crush 10 cloves of garlic using a mortar and pestle till it becomes a paste. Keep this in a clean jar and add lemon juice from 3 lemons. To this, 4 tablespoon olive oil has to be added and this has to be left overnight or for at least 10-12 hours. Now apply this to the affected area using a cotton pad two times daily. This has to be continued at least for a month.
4. A Mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera and Carrots
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, friendly bacteria, protein, and enzymes that are useful in killing the harmful. Aloe vera gel has various minerals, vitamins A, C, E, enzymes, antioxidants, antiseptic compounds, and salicylic acid that is useful in killing bacteria. Hence it is an amazing skin cleanser. Similarly, carrots are a rich source of vitamins and minerals, mainly sulfur, vitamin B6, vitamin A, biotin, vitamin K (phylloquinone), and potassium. All these play a major role in repairing the skin and recovering the wounds.
- Grate a large or medium-sized carrot and extract its juice in a bowl. Take one tablespoon of carrot juice, mix it with another tablespoon of aloe vera gel, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Apply this mixture topically thrice a day using a cotton pad. This should be continued for a month to witness the improvements in varicose veins.
If you follow these simple steps, will show visible results after the first week, and you’ll get rid of varicose veins. Due to the substances they contain, tomatoes act very effective in treating this condition.
To prevent varicose veins here are few more tips, you can do sport and proper nutrition helps to prevent varicose veins. Also, Wear comfortable shoes and they can help when you have a lot of standing.